- Each story must be inspired by the horror story plot generator found HERE. Go through as many as you want but you MUST use one from this site and you MUST submit the prompt you used in along with your story.
- All fandoms/pairings/crossovers will be accepted, including original fiction.
- Entries must be a minimum of 800 words (approximately one page).
- Entries will be accepted 10/1/15 through 10/22/15 Midnight PST.
- All entries will be anonymous, but you must include your name/pen-name when submitting. Feel free to promote the contest and announce to your readers that you have entered, but anyone found announcing which story is theirs before the close of voting will be disqualified.
- In keeping with the above rule, writer’s will not be permitted to post their stories on their own accounts/wordpresses, etc. until the close of voting.
- Send your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voting will commence 10/23/15 through 10/30/15 Midnight PST.
- You may vote once a day.
- Winners will be announced (tentatively) 10/31/15 – Happy Halloween!
- You may submit first chapters/prologues providing you wait to post the remainder of the story until after the contest closes.
- Two entry maximum.
As a new benefit to the contest entrants, not only will each story have a complimentary banner made for it (in addition to first, second and third places receiving an award denoting their place on their banner), but I will now also be offering a prize of sorts to first place. The author whose story wins first place by popular vote will receive a banner/character manipulation of their choice made for them by me. You have a published story with no banner? – I will make it! You want to see what Hawkeye and Arrow would look like together? – done! The winner will choose the story the banner is made for or the type of character manipulation and once made, it is theirs to do with as they wish.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below or send me an email to the above address. Halloween is a truly magical time of year and I am so happy to celebrate it with you all!
Please feel free to promote the contest banner below as far and wide as you can – the more entrants we have, the better!
Entrants – the banner below is for you to share in order to inform your readers that you have entered this contest. Remember that your greatest power is, in fact, your anonymity and with great power comes great responsibility… Guard the secret well least the contest curse comes upon thee!
Story banners will be made using the official actors who play the characters you’re writing about (as listed on IMDB). This will prevent the possibility of unknowingly leaving hints about who wrote what while keeping the contest fair. The only exception to this is if someone should write in the Twilight fandom. I will then use Emmy Rossum as Bella since she is my default. After winners are announced, I will happily edit the banners using the actors of your choice – just message me after the contest closes.
Contest Disclaimer: The authors submitted here in no way own any of the recognizable characters, or sayings throughout and for the duration of these tales… No profit is being made and no infringement is intended. They claim rights to original characters and original plot points/ideas only. This universal disclaimer is applicable to all entries for the Bertie Bott Every Flavor Spook Fest.