This contest has officially closed…
A HUGE thank you to all who entered, who read and who participated by voting… It was such a tight race with nearly 1000 votes! A photo finish to the end – it was so close to ties for more than one place. Truly, I am beyond proud and humbled by the way the contest turned out and look forward to continuing it again next year! Excellent job to all 🙂
After a fun discussion in Kittyinaz’s facebook group about these wonderful two sentence horror stories credited to various Reddit users, some of us ladies were feeling inspired by them and the Halloween season. As short as they were, they had the feel of a writing prompt which is exactly what they became for many of us, but then I had the idea to take it further…
Why not have a little Halloween one-shot contest using these two sentence horror stories as prompts? Most seemed on board with the idea so I decided I’d host my fist ever writing contest in the form of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Spook Fest!
- Each story must be inspired by one of the below two sentence horror stories. Please indicate on your submission which one you are using. There’s twenty so plenty to choose from!
- All fandoms/pairings/crossovers will be accepted! Even original fiction!
- Entries must be a minimum of 800 words (approximately one page)
- All entries must be received by October 25th midnight PST.
- All entries will be anonymous, but you must include your name/pen-name when submitting.
- Feel free to promote the contest and announce to your readers that you have entered, but anyone found announcing which story is theirs before the close of voting will be disqualified.
- In keeping with the above rule, writer’s will not be permitted to post their stories on their own accounts/wordpresses, etc. until the close of voting.
- Send your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voting will commence October 26th through October 31st midnight PST.
- You may vote once a day
- Winners will be announced (tentatively) Novemer 1st.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below, or send me an email to the above address. Halloween is such an amazing time of year and I’m thrilled to have this new way of getting in the spirit of things… I can’t wait to read all of your awesome stories – though I won’t read them right before bed 😉
Feel free to save this banner and share with your readers… the more we talk about it, the more entries and voters will have, so let’s make this an epic contest…
All entrants – below is your participation banner! Thank you for submitting and I can’t wait to share your stories!
Use the navigation buttons on the slideshow to pause or skip stories below as needed! Good luck everyone and happy haunting!
Disclaimer: The authors submitted here in no way own any of the recognizable characters, or sayings throughout and for the duration of these tales… No profit is being made and no infringement is intended. They claim rights to original characters and original plot points/ideas only. This universal disclaimer is applicable to all entries for the Bertie Bott Every Flavor Spook Fest.
Voting is Now Open!
Click the story banners to read each story and cast your votes! All of the prompts used are on the banners. You may vote once a day…
Good luck to all the entrants and happy hauntings to all you readers!
(in alphabetical order)