Life changes and can get in the way of the things we enjoy… but I finally felt like writing again. I’ll be completing my current in-progress stories (though I’m not committing to any sort of update schedule or anything) and may throw in a one-shot or two in between. I won’t be starting any new, big stories.
In any case, it felt right to get back into the swing of things with Cap. He has been and always will be my favorite Avenger – my favorite Marvel character ever, really. I’ve had the first bit written since maybe chapter 5 or so of Alight, but was intimidated to post it since I love the character so much. Finally finished the last two parts, though, and it seemed silly to sit on it any longer.
Anyway, hope you enjoy.
Summary: “Sometimes life has a way of pulling you to the right path, even if you don’t realize that’s what’s happening at the time…” Steve stumbles across someone who makes sense of the chaos his life has become and gives him new hope. Bella/Captain America. Complete in four parts.
Captain America timeline: Set after Steve awakens from the ice, but before (and then during) the first Avengers movie.
Twilight timeline: New Moon A/U, set a few years later. Bella knows about Victoria, but not the wolves. She never goes to Volterra and Edward never comes back.
Y’all did SUCH an amazing job with your stories that I am being asked about possible continuations for them… Now some of you I know are already posting them and others plan to soon, but if you could drop me a line (either comment on this or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know for sure – I’d love to link to them so readers can find you! Just give me a yay or nay and if you plan to post more, let me know the site/link it can be found at.
Thank you all so much again for your participation – this was definitely one for the books! ❤
…and authors too, y’all. Sorry to say life got in the way of banner making today. I have only about four more to do, but alas, it’s time for this author to hit the hay after a long day of taking care of a sick toddler. As these story banners are a gift of sorts to the entrants, I really don’t want to half-ass them so I will be stopping for the night and resuming tomorrow.
Never fear, though! The contest will go live tomorrow (hopefully by about noon PST) and I will be adding an extra day for voting to compensate the lost time. Voting will now be from July 27th noon-ish PST until August 1st midnight PST. Winners will be announced August 2nd.
Sorry for the small delay but remember – good things come to those who wait!
Thanks for understanding ❤
Today is the LAST day for submission to Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Superhero Fest… You have until midnight (PST) tonight to get them in least you regret it forever! So far I have over 10 SUPER entries to share with you and my friends, you’re gonna love ’em! It’ll be hard to pick your favorite, but remember – you’ll be able to vote once a day when voting opens!
Click the banner for the full list of contest rules and submission instructions:
And to those who already entered… Thank you SO much for the stories! I look forward to sharing them with our friends and I’ve enjoyed reading each and every submission. You all should be very proud of yourselves and I thank you for making this contest one to be remembered. Please feel free to use the banner below to share with your readers/friends to announce your participation. The more we spread the word, the more votes we’ll get and the more epic our contest will be! Thank you ❤
As ever – thanks for stopping by and feel free to contact me with any questions!
As promised, I wanted to do a quick post letting y’all know my story plans/schedule coming up over the next couple months – especially since I’m about to have a very busy summer. Some of you know that I’m very active in the con circuit, either as an attendee, vendor, or an employee. I work/go to several of them and I’m about to hit my peak for the con season with about 6 of them back to back. That will make updating difficult but not impossible.
So here’s what we can (realistically) expect for updates and the likes…
- Devil May Care and Set My Soul Alight will be updated once more before the May 16th
- The elusive Baby, It’s Kol Outside follow-up one shot (My Bloody Valentine) will likely be written during my upcoming travels though won’t be up until about late June – did I mention one of the cons I’m going to will be with the lovely Cuinawen and we’ll be meeting Nate Buzolic?! It’s making me all sorts of motivated 😉
- I have a Bella/Dean one shot I’m working on for fun that heavily features Charlie Bradbury (Felicia Day’s character). It’s called Playing With Matches and I mention it because I’ve teased the banner on my facebook page. I wanted to let those interested know I haven’t forgotten it… It’s slow coming since I work on it sporadically in between Devil and Alight, but it’s still coming!
- The first chapter for the sequel for Thirsty for Your Love will be up July/August, approximately. I’ve been working on the outline but don’t want to start posting until I can commit to more regular updates. I’m definitely excited to be working with our favorite couple again, though – especially since things are gonna get real Original 😛
- Expect more comic crossover stories… because I can and I will! I have about five story ideas that I will flesh out after the con season. But because I like to tease… I’ll just mention Hellboy and the Winter Soldier 😀
- Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Superhero Fest will resume in June! I’ll prepare the contest after my travels and open the submission period while I’m working a couple cons – this will allow you to get stories in and give me the time to prepare banners and the likes. Rules and submission guidelines will be very similar to last year’s contest, so if you’d like to refresh your memory and prepare ahead, you can visit the 2015 contest HERE. The 2016 contest page won’t be added until after May 24th, though.
*Phew* I think I hit all the main points. Sorry for the information dump, but I wanted to get as much out there as possible to answer any questions. Again – I will never promise updates, etc. on specific dates and this timeline is a rough guide/goal. Please know that I work very hard in ‘real life’ both with my business and my family. They take precedent over fanfiction.
But I will never abandon a story and even if I can’t post immediately, I’m still always writing and always plotting… Thank you guys for reading and for your patience and support. Readers like you make writing fanfiction worth while.
Until the next story update… happy reading, my doves ❤
Sorry folks – comments are all fixed now for Devil May Care chapter 4 so if you feel so inclined, you may now post a review. Did I mention I was super tired last night? 🙂
Some of you may know I donated the third and final installment of This Left Feels Right to the Fandom4Autism compilation. Well, now it is my pleasure to post it for everyone to read. I hope you all enjoy it – just click the banner below to start reading 🙂
Also, I was notified I was nominated over at the TwiFic Fandom Awards! I’m up for Favorite DaVinci, with Bad Medicine up for Favorite What If story, and Set My Soul Alight up for Favorite Drop Everything and What If – even more exciting (if that was possible!) my Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Superhero Fest 2015 is up for Favorite Writing Contest! How cool is that? I’d never heard of there being such a category before… There are TONS of amazing authors nominated so please click HERE to support them by voting today. Good luck to everyone!
As ever, happy reading to you all… Devil May Care update coming at you soon and I’ll post a teaser to Alight on my facebook during the week 😉