So very happy for the opportunity to have gone to this event in Las Vegas, Sept. 12-14, 2014. Not only did I get to meet several of the stars of the show, but I also got to meet the wonderful Kittyinaz for the first time despite having worked with her for well over a year. That’s the beauty about fanfiction and facebook – through them we are able to make friends from all around the world and sometimes, when the stars align, we’re fortunate enough to meet them.
Below are several pictures and stories of our time there and I’m happy to share them with you all… and just saying, there’s a Supernatural Convention in February next year in Phoenix if anyone wants to meet up with me there – I’ve already got my ticket 😉
As you’ll see – most of these hail from my facebook page, though I’ve yet to upload many pics and will be adding them once I get the chance to. I’d have to say my fave parts were definitely the Ian pic/hug and pretty much everything with Steven R. McQueen – that kid’s a riot!
- I’d say Wendy’s travel day was a little more eventful than mine… After several flight shuffling, she eventually boarded and I left my home at about 10-11am to make the 5 hour drive on up to Sin City!
- Wendy ended up landing about 2 hours before I arrived and after some crazy airport navigating I picked her up and we made it to the hotel! It was so fun seeing her in person and joking around. We ordered some pizza and relaxed for a bit before making our way down for pre-registration!
- Gold registration was actually fairly busy and yours truly forgot to bring down the print-out for our photo-ops with Ian so I had to book it back up to our room and then down again while Wendy saved our place and let me tell you, that was no small trek! But once we got our badges and the likes we were able to shop through the vendor hall where I managed to snag these babies:
- After that, it was back to the room for some much needed rest!
Day One – 9/11/14
Our schedule of events:
- 12:15 pm Theatre open for all
- 12:35 am Welcome and Video Presentation
- 12:40 pm Micah Parker (Adrian, The Vampire Diaries). Micah will also be the host and MC of the convention this weekend for the very first time so let’s give him a great welcome!
- 1:30 pm Music Video Presentation
- 1:35 pm Paul Telfer (Alexander, The Vampire Diaries)
- 2:20 pm Lunch Intermission
- 5:45 pm AUTOGRAPHS with Paul Telfer, Micah Parker and Chase Coleman
- He also mentioned Nick Jonas, lol, I guess he gets mistaken for him a lot 🙂
Funny story: We walked up for the pic and he gave us both a quick hug, then put his arm around us… then we felt him lift one arm and we had no clue what he was doing and had to wait for the pic to find out. The result, I’m sure you agree, is epic!
The pride and joy of my photo collection! When it was my turn, he looked over and said, “Get over her, woman!” and I was all, “Don’t have to tell me twice” lol. He gave me a nice hug, pulled me in for the pose, and right before the camera clicked I felt him rest his chin on my head and I about died. I expect he’ll be doing that to Bella a lot from now on in my fics! I thanked him afterwards and he said, “No, thank you, angel.” I maintained my calm, but you can see the girlish squeal lurking in my eyes 😉
I was so bummed when I went to go buy his autograph ticket only to find that the booth was closed. Then I tried to buy a pre-signed one only to find out he’s signing extras at this convention and the won’t be available for a while… Guess you snooze you lose
9/17 – They just uploaded his autographs from this convention for sale on their website – ordered and hopefully they’ll ship it soon 🙂
Steven was taking his time signing autographs, yelling out funny things while backstage and making shadow puppets on the video screen when Daniel Gillies (Elijah) and Charles Michael Davis (Marcel) were doing their panel. When I handed him my board to sign, he did so quickly, but then looked up and winked. Then he was real curious about my tattoo (the poem line, “Feast on your life” on my right forearm) and chatted with me about it before taking out his phone to make a note of the poem title and author. He was wicked hot and so adorkable. He sent me away with another wink and though I love Ian to pieces, he may now have some competition ❤
I maintain that he totally scoped out my boobs, lol. After our pic, he pulled back to chat some and was all, “What’s your shirt say?” Not thinking about it, I kind of jutted out the girls and pulled out the shirt some so he could see it and when I looked back up at him, he gave me the cheekiest wink and grin. He then sent me away with a, “Thanks for the photo, boo.” I totally adore him and his flirty ways!
We definitely learned this because he kept making fart sounds into the microphone during his panel and freely admitted that he’d fart during romance scenes to mess with people, lol. Funny, but so gross!
Kat Graham was also very chill – likes to bring strength and integrity to all of her roles in order to be a good role model for girls everywhere. And such a sense of humor! Loves to make fun of herself 🙂
Lol – this is true! I had people that worked the convention actually calling me Bernadette and then several of the other people there would come up to me and say, “I just have to tell you… and I mean this so nicely, so please don’t be offended!” I wasn’t, of course – I think it’s both funny and spot on 😀
More pics to come as I upload them, but check out this website that has many pictures/details about the panels throughout the weekend: http://tvafterdark.com/tag/tvd-vegas/